Re: Tabs and ends of lines in sql mode

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Tabs and ends of lines in sql mode
Date: 10 Feb 2006 00:18:57 +1100

jiri.pejchal@gmail.com writes:

> I'm using the latest sql mode with emacs from cvs.
>
> The function sql-send-parafraph sends current paragraph
> to the SQL process. However it sends the paragraph with
> tabs and ends of lines. In mysql or psql tabs are bound
> to completion and so the completion is printed. Moreover
> ends of lines cause secondary prompts to be printed.
>
> So for:
> create table stock (
>       id int4,
>       avail int4,
>       ordered int4,
>       valid bool,
>       description text
> );
>
> six secondary prompts and five times the completions (several lines)
> are printed, that is very inconvenient.
>
> Is there a way for sql-send-paragraph to not sends the tabs and ends
> of lines?

There are some add-ons I've used int he past which can help with
this. However, I don't seem to have them anymore. I think originally,
I may have found them at the emacs wiki site http://www.emacswiki.org.

One way to prevent the tab problem would be to reconfigure emacs so
that it uses spaces rather than tabs when you insert a tab. From
memory, this is covered in the on-line FAQ.

Tim

P.S. I gather psql is postgres' procedural SQL language. What is it
like to work with compared to oracle plsql or that MS SQL Server one
(whats it called again?).

Just curious

--
Tim Cross