Re: shifting between buffers

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: shifting between buffers
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 02:01:25 GMT

"Raja Loganathan" <raja@cc.gatech.edu> wrote in message
news:dsbdaq$k5h$1@news-int.gatech.edu...
> Hi,
>
> How do i move between buffers. Like the previous one, next one.
>
> Also all my buffers are not shown in tabs.  Only all .h files are shown
> or all .cpp files are shown. Both of them are not shown as tabs
> simultaneously. I have to goto the menu to change each time.
>

> Thank you,
> Raja

I have found this (in custom-set-variables) very useful:

 '(iswitchb-mode t nil (iswitchb))

This may not give programmers enough flexibility but for general authoring
it offers a way of rapidly changing buffers.

I also added (via custom):

 '(iswitchb-buffer-ignore (quote ("^ " "^\\*+")))

This filters out the usual suspects (read-only, info, etc.) I can still
get to them via the menu bar.

Ed