Re: Why Cannot open termcap databases file?

From: Peter Djalaliev
Subject: Re: Why Cannot open termcap databases file?
Date: 14 Jan 2006 12:51:30 -0800

I am having the same problem with Emacs under Ubuntu Linux.  When I
tried installing the libncurses5-dev package through apt-get, it said
that the package is obsolete or not available.  I already have the most
recent version of the libncurses5 package.

However, I am still getting the error about emacs not being able to
open the termcap database file.

I saw some messages to forums onlnie about converting between termcap
and terminfo files.  What are they, which one do I need?