Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 11:18:43 +0200

> Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 00:00:24 -0500
> From: BRUCE INGALLS <bruce.ingalls@gmail.com>
>
> > > Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 22:01:16 +0100
> > > From: Lennart Borgman

> > > Ehum, I did not test because it looks so very strange. I will try it
> > > next week. Do you really expect something like that to work? I mean it
> > > is exactly those figures I wrote above.
>
> That sure does not look right.

What doesn't look right, exactly?  I took the above as a template, not
as a literal string that is the printer's name.  If it's a literal
string, then it is indeed strange, but default-printer-name simply
calls GetProfileString and GetPrinter APIs, so whatever those return,
it's the system's notion of the printer.  Unless there's a bug in
default-printer-name, in which case please step through it and tell
what goes wrong there.