Re: renaming current file and buffer

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: renaming current file and buffer
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:37:02 -0800 (PST)

Dieter> Every so often I'm working on a file whose name I've not chosen
Dieter> appropriately.  So far I couldn't find an elegant way in Emacs to
Dieter> rename the file and the buffer at the same time.  I found the function
Dieter> definitions below in the net, which serve my needs perfectly, but I'm
Dieter> wondering whether I've overlooked something equally fitting from
standard
Dieter> emacs packages? What are you doing in this situation? Yes I know:
Dieter> Thinking in advance, but ...

Doesn't C-x C-w (`write-file') work for you?
It does have the side effect of saving the buffer at that time, sorry if
that's not what you want.

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.