RE: [h-e-w] not urgent: change frame size by function

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] not urgent: change frame size by function
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:12:28 -0800

    not being an expert of Emacs, I could not find a way to change
    the size of an existing frame by a function.

1. Library frame-cmds.el:

 Commands to incrementally resize frames. Bind them, e.g., to
 `C-M-' plus the arrow keys.

2. Library doremi-frm.el:

 Commands to incrementally resize frames using the arrow keys
 or mouse wheel.

3. Library fit-frame.el:

 Command to fit a frame to its current buffer. I bind it to `C-x _'.

4. Library autofit-frame.el:

 Automatically fit one-window frames to their buffer.

All of these libraries are available at
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?action=index;match=%5C.el%28%5C.gz%29%
3F.

These are all libraries that I wrote. Which do I use? 1) autofit-frame.el
(which uses fit-frame.el) to always fit one-window frames. 2) The resizing
commands in frame-cmds.el, when I want to resize a frame that has been
fitted.