Re: Emacs on AMD64

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: Emacs on AMD64
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 01:36:50 +0100 (CET)

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Mandrake emacs is dated Aug 28  2003, so I doubt it has the fix :(. But
> > that is minor thing: I would like to applay a patch to emacs, so first
> > I need to build it from sources.
>
> If you intend to write the patch yourself and to distribute it, you may want
> to start from the Emacs-CVS code.  Which works just fine on AMD64.

Yes, Emacs-CVS builds fine. Thanks. BTW, also tried with emacs-21.4. I
took the file `src/m/amdx86-64.h' form Emacs-CVS and added the
`x86_64-*-linux-gnu' case to configure. Then I was able to build
emacs-21.4, with just one glitch: the Makfile tried to build alloca.o
from assembly source which failed. After providing "empty" alloca.o to
build finished OK.

I want to install cursor patch that you have posted:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2005-10/msg00886.html

I works fine for me.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch