Could someone send me a sample gnus.el file that works?

From: Matt O'Toole
Subject: Could someone send me a sample gnus.el file that works?
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 02:36:35 -0500

For some reason I'm having gnus configuration problems.  My gnus.el file
seems fine, and I'm able to connect to these news servers with other
programs just fine.  But I'm getting "couldn't connect to server" errors,
etc. with emacs.

So would someone send me a sample gnus.el file that works, so I can debug
my emacs?  Any free/open news server would be fine, as long as the
configuration is known good.

Thanks,

Matt O.