Re: howto: 2 users interactively edit the same file ?

From: Bernard Adrian
Subject: Re: howto: 2 users interactively edit the same file ?
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:46:33 +0100

Pascal Bourguignon <spam@mouse-potato.com> a écrit :

> Just launch emacs, and use make-frame-on-display to open another X
> window, on another workstation.  Then the two (or more, there's no
> limit AFAIK on the number of frames you can open) users can edit the
> same file in the same buffer at the same time.

Hi,

I'm trying to use make-frame-on-display from an emacs running in a
tty. I tried : make-frame-on-display ENTER :0.0

Nothing happens on X, where $DISPLAY is :0.0, though.

I was hoping to get an error log on the Messages Buffer, but i got no
such message.

Do you think :
- emacs can't make a frame on X from a tty ?
- my window manager (ion3) can't accept this feature ?
- I did a mistake ?

Thanks
--
Bernard Adrian