Re: how to customize pcl-cvs to ignore empry diretory.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: how to customize pcl-cvs to ignore empry diretory.
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:37:10 -0400

>> From PCL-CVS info:
> `Need-Update'
>      Either a newer version than the one in your source is available in
>      the repository and you have not modified your checked out version,
>      or the file exists in the repository but not in your source.

> But if I check out source code by using -P option, all empty
> directories are marked as Need-Update when cvs-examine.

> How can I hide those directories in *cvs* buffer?

IIRC you can't.  Using cvs-update in place of cvs-examine will not suffer
from this problem, but of course it's not the same operation and you may not
want to cvs-update.  The problem is in the output of the CVS process which
makes it impossibly hard for PCL-CVS to figure out whether the directory
that CVS says needs update is actually a pruned directory or not.

Actually, now that I think about it again, I did add a trick to allow you to
solve this problem: add the offending directories to your .cvsignore file
(no glob pattern and with a terminating /).  Not sure whether it's in
Emacs-21.4 but it's definitely in Emacs-CVS.

        Stefan