Re: cvs emacs

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: cvs emacs
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 19:34:00 -0700

Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am indeed checking out the current module? When I did the above
> command on 2005-08-25, and then installed it, I found that I had
> installed Emacs 22.0.50.1 and somehow got it in my head that I had
> not installed the current version of CVS Emacs.

If you do not specify an older revision with the -r option, you get
the bleeding edge, which I think is what you're looking for.

> For Unicode Emacs 23:
>
> cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co -d
> emacs-unicode -r emacs-unicode-2 -P emacs
>
> To update:
>
> cd emacs-unicode ; cvs -z3
> -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs update

I didn't realize this module even existed. Hmmm.

By the way, for the update you can simplify to:

  cd emacs-unicode; cvs up

You can add "cvs -z3" to your ~/.cvsrc so you don't have to type it
all the time.