Re: emacs 22 release

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs 22 release
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:43:48 +0200

Am 29.09.2005 um 10:09 schrieb Sébastien Kirche:

(setq ps-mule-font-info-database-default
      '((latin-iso8859-15 (normal nil nil iso-latin-9))
            (latin-iso8859-1 (normal nil nil iso-latin-1))))

This statement makes GNU Emacs report the truth:

        These characters in the buffer can't be printed:
         €, €, Š, š, Ž, ž, Œ, œ, Ÿ

Then I patched both /sw/share/ghostscript/fonts/Fontmap.GS having the PostScript font names point to corresponding Unicode encoded TrueType files and the PS spool file to now have an ISOLatin9Encoding -- and voilà: the PDF output from ps2pdf14 was correct! (I only had to use TeXShop or Preview, gv did not want to show € -- I don't want to waste paper, toner, and energy, it's all part of the German disease)

This systems works for some more encodings too. It would be very useful if ps-print would print less boxes to substitute with the proper glyph!

--
Greetings

  Pete

neither do we. -- Georges W. Bush