Problems Using Hyper Key modifier

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Problems Using Hyper Key modifier
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:56:09 -0800

Hello:

I would like to map my TAB key to the hyper key modifier.

After running the following command to map the TAB key to Hyper key:
xmodmap -e "keycode 23 = Hyper_L"

xev tells me that keycode 23 is Hyper_L, but
<blush> I find that that c-h k <ret>
TAB-n only recognizes the "n".

The TAB=>Hyper_L key is not recognized as a modifier

What else do I need to do?

NOTE: There are many examples found by Google that show how to map
caps_lock to hyper, but I have already successfully mapped caps_lock to
control_L.

Also, attempts to map control_r (keycode 109) to Hyper_R fail
as well.

TIA
tim

--