Re: emacs-calc

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: emacs-calc
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 07:26:49 GMT

Hi,

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:55:07 -0500, Jay Belanger wrote:
> Peter Tury <tury.peter@gmail.com> writes:
>> Unfortunately it seems to me that I would need to build it: it is not part
>> of "standard" (Windows) Emacs installation :-(
>
> It is part of CVS Emacs, and there are prebuilt packages of CVS Emacs
> for Windows, for example, at http://www.crasseux.com/emacs
>
>> Moreover, it seems that its development is stopped a few years ago :-(
>
> That was before it became part of Emacs.
>
> Jay

Thanks for these info!

I checked crasseux; however finally I found EmacsW32 on
http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html. It has a conventional Windows
install .exe (http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/EmacsW32/) as well as an
extremly fine description of the whole building process (from "what is
needed exactly and how to download it"...)
(http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/w32-build-emacs.html). (I fell in love with
it for the first sight that is why I advertise it here ;-) It is made by
Lennart Borgman.

Br,