Re: expand/collapse{} in c++

From: Jason Dufair
Subject: Re: expand/collapse{} in c++
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:00:16 -0500

Baloff <washdc@XXX> writes:

> in a .emacs-c++ file to be loaded from inside .emacs, I have
> (local-set-key [f4] "\C-c @ \C-c") ;toggles block hide/show
>
> restart emacs, when I open .cpp file, f4 does nothing.

First, the 2nd argument to 'local-set-key should be a function
definition, not another set of key bindings.  Use C-h k to see what
function "C-c@C-c" calls and use that function name as your second
argument.

Also, local-set-key only works on the current local keymap.  If you only
want that binding available in c++-mode, you probably have set the
binding in the mode hook
--
Jason Dufair - jase@dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/