Re: Case insensitive font-lock

From: Bert Geens
Subject: Re: Case insensitive font-lock
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:26:40 +0200

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:08:02 -0600, Kevin Rodgers wrote:

> Bert Geens wrote:
>  > I'm writing a major mode (http://www.lair.be/projects_fvwm-mode.php) for
>  > the Fvwm window manager, now as Fvwm's keywords are case insensitive
> I was
>  > wondering if there is an easy way to make font lock ignore the casing of
>  > the keywords.
>
> ,----[ C-h v font-lock-keywords-case-fold-search RET ]
<snip>
> `----

Thanks a lot, i had looked at font-lock-defaults but apparently not hard
enough...

So I tried this:
(set (make-local-variable 'font-lock-defaults) '(fvwm-font-lock-keywords
nil fvwm-keywords-ignore-case))
But that apparently didn't  work, I wonder why?

I now use this, which does work though, but the above solution would be
cleaner imho...

  (if fvwm-keywords-ignore-case
      (set (make-local-variable 'font-lock-defaults) '(fvwm-font-lock-keywords))
    (set (make-local-variable 'font-lock-defaults)
    '(fvwm-font-lock-keywords nil t)))

Cheers

Bert