Re: gmail

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: gmail
Date: 07 Aug 2005 14:43:43 +1000

Daniel <danielgoldin@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> I cannot seem to send mail to my gmail address frokm emacs. It simply
> doesn't show up there. Works fine with my sbcglobal address. Any thoughts?

Way too little info to give any really meaningful assistance.

Are you using the smtp server on your local box or sending the mail
via your ISPs smtp server? Many ISPs have got the dynamic IP addresses they
assign to users blacklisted to provide protection against users trying
to send spam by using a smtp server connected on a dial-up/adsl type
link. If your ISP does this and the site you are attempting to send to
using one of the blacklist providers, like sorbe, your mail might be
getting silently dropped.

How have you configured your mail?
What mail package are you using under emacs?
What platform are you running on?
What version of emacs?

Tim

--