igrep on remote files with tramp?

From: Daniel Berdine
Subject: igrep on remote files with tramp?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:38:03 -0400

I need to work with files on a remote server, and tramp so far has
seemed the best way to get the job done. However, I would very much like
to be able to use the igrep functions, in particular dired-do-igrep, in
this context. Unfortunately, igrep doesn't seem to know how to use
tramp. Looking at igrep.el (2.112), there appears to be at least some
support of ange-ftp built in. Does there exist a version of igrep.el
that knows about tramp as well as/instead of ange? Or, does anyone know
of any other way to make it work? My Google searches so far turn up
zilch.

Thanks in advance!
-Dan