no password prompt + ssh + subversion + psvn.el

From: md8bh
Subject: no password prompt + ssh + subversion + psvn.el
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:43:56 +0100

How do you get emacs 21.4.1 to prompt for ssh password.

I am trying to commit a file to the svn repository ( M-x svn-status-commit-file ), it seems to work fine, but it does not update the repository. Also it should of asked for a ssh password but it didn't.

I have set the enviroment variable
   export SVN_SSH="ssh -l myloginname"

I know Subversion works from the command-line