emacs 21.4.1 gets segmentatino fault on SuSE 9.3

From: Steve Kelem
Subject: emacs 21.4.1 gets segmentatino fault on SuSE 9.3
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:49:31 GMT

I just installed SuSE 9.3, and installed all the updates.

If I run emacs -q under gnome, (plain emacs, doesn't load my config files), it
opens an emacs window, and dispays the *scratch* buffer.  If I type one
character in that buffer, it's okay.  If I type a second character, I get:
Fatal error (11).Segmentation fault

Emacs runs okay with the "-nw" option (no separate window).

Any idea what's wrong?  I even tried compiling emacs from scratch and get the
same problem.

Thanks,
Steve