Re: What determines the available font sizes?

From: Chris Page
Subject: Re: What determines the available font sizes?
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:24:25 GMT

In article <mailman.3503.1118052059.25862.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 06.06.2005 um 02:19 schrieb Chris Page:
>
> > What determines which font sizes are available to emacs?
>
> The syntax you use! These example allow the use of (almost) any size:

Thanks, but as I said, I tried creating fontsets. The issue is that
Monaco 11 isn't apparently supported.

> > Is there some finite set of sizes it supports?
>
> With create-fontset-from-fontset-spec there certainly is. I think this
> function can only retrieve the bitmapped fonts from a font suitcase.

Well, I suppose that's my answer, then. There is no bitmap for 11pt
Monaco, I don't think. Then again, I'm using Aquamacs, which uses
anti-aliased outline fonts. I suppose it's still limiting the available
font sizes to those with bitmaps. I wonder how I might overcome that
unfortunate limitation.

--
Chris Page - Software Wrangler - Dylan Pundit

 Open Source Dylan Compilers: <http://www.gwydiondylan.org/>
              Dylan Blogging: <http://homepage.mac.com/chrispage/iblog/>
                 Dylan Stuff: <http://cafepress.com/chrispage>