Re: what is emacs countepart of vi's 'ctrl-p'

From: Saket Sathe
Subject: Re: what is emacs countepart of vi's 'ctrl-p'
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:50:04 +0530

Thanks for help. I like Tim's idea :)

Tim Johnson wrote:

* Saket Sathe <saket@cc.iitb.ac.in> [050603 10:34]:

 Insert mode or normal?
 ----------------------
 If you are referring to completion in insert mode,
 than the corresponding command that I use is
 'dabbrev-expand
 which is bound by default to M-/

 What I do is bind dabbrev-expand to C-=
 and bind 'advertised-undo to F12, that way
 when I'm "scrolling thru" possible completions and
 "pass" the one I want, pressing F12 takes me "back".
HTH
 tim

--
Saket

... Suburbia: where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.