using emavcs to generate format-flowed emails

From: Kev
Subject: using emavcs to generate format-flowed emails
Date: 17 May 2005 19:22:24 GMT

Hi

I use pine to read/organise/send mails and emacs to compose the text parts.

I would like to be able to compose properly "format=flowed" mails, i.e
according to RFC 2646 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2646.html)

I dont see a really good (perfect) way to do this with emacs. I use "meta-q"
lots to re-format paragraphs after making changes. I can use "meta-x
set-hard-newlines" but that screws up my editing window (an xterm or konsole),
and does not react properly to resizing or meta-q reformatting. At least not
currently, maybe it can be made to do so?

pine itself supports viewing format=flowed well, as does pico for composition.
But I dont like pico :-)

Ideas?
Kevin