Re: Listing completions automatically

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Listing completions automatically
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:06:37 -0600

PT wrote:
I'd like to offer the user a list from which she has to select an item. Since the user doesn't know what items are on the list the possible items should be shown immediately.

I tried using completing-read, but it seems the user has to press TAB at least once to have the list of possible completions actually diplayed.

Is there way to show the list immediately?

(let ((unread-command-events (cons ?\t unread-command-events)))
  (completing-read PROMPT TABLE ...))

--
Kevin Rodgers