Re: One handed Emacs

From: rgb
Subject: Re: One handed Emacs
Date: 5 May 2005 17:39:45 -0700

Richard Kaszeta wrote:
> "Jeffrey L. Greer" <jlgreer1@excite.com> writes:
> > I am on the assistive technology committee for my school district.
> > have tested a number of one handed keyboards.
>
> While I have full use of my hands, out of curiousity, I've used a
> number of one-hand keyboards of a variety of types as well.  The best
> two I've seen are:
>
> 1. The half-qwerty keyboard (http://half-qwerty.com). ...
> 2. The oft-mentioned frogpad ...

While I appreciate the mentioning of these I'm fairly certain that
he doesn't plan to start using any kind of specialty keyboard.

I can remap keys in Emacs anywhere I want of course but didn't
know if there might be some Emacs config, perhaps developed by
someone with a similar problem that would
1) save me the trouble of doing it.
2) do it in a way that is actually easier rather than my guess
   of what might be easier.

I guess I'll just introduce it to him with it's native keys and
help with remapping as needed.

thanks to all