Truncate long lines on 22.0.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin7.8.0)

From: Steven M. Scotten
Subject: Truncate long lines on 22.0.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin7.8.0)
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 22:38:13 GMT

Hello,

I'm coming across strange behavior in 22.0.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin7.8.0)
on OS X 10.3.9. I'm used to "Truncate Long Lines" being disabled in my
emacses (what is the plural of emacs, anyhow? Nevermind) but no matter how
many times I enter M-x toggle-truncate-lines I still have the little arrows
pointing east and west, NOT the little curly arrow I'm used to. Of course,
no curly arrow means I also don't see the rest of my code that I'd rather
have in front of me than somewhere else on the screen.

The Messages buffer shows

Truncate long lines enabled
Truncate long lines disabled
Truncate long lines enabled
Truncate long lines disabled

As I expect that it should, but the behavior itself is not changing.

Is this a known problem? Googling yields a ton of instructions of how to
enter M-x toggle-truncate-lines but I haven't seen any other reports of
people having this problem.

Thanks,

Steve