Re: How to change keys for uncomment (C-u C-c C-c)?

From: JS
Subject: Re: How to change keys for uncomment (C-u C-c C-c)?
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:22:55 +0200

David Hansen wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:55:27 +0200 JS wrote:
>
>> I have just tried C-h k M-; and it gives me:
>>

>> M-, runs the command tags-loop-continue
>
> [...]
>
>> On my keyboard I get ";" by pressing Shift-,
>>
>> If I try to press M-shift-,  nothing happens.
>
> And with C-h k before "M-shift-," (Holding down Alt *and* shift
> and then ",")?
>
> Anyway, that's probably not a convenient key binding. You may as
> well try:
>
>         (global-set-key "\M-," 'comment-region)
>
> or get an US Keyboard ;)
>
> David

When I do C-h k followed by "M-shift-," I get this:

M-; runs the command comment-dwim
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `newcomment'.
(comment-dwim ARG)

Call the comment command you want (Do What I Mean).
If the region is active and `transient-mark-mode' is on, call
  `comment-region' (unless it only consists of comments, in which
  case it calls `uncomment-region').
Else, if the current line is empty, insert a comment and indent it.
Else if a prefix ARG is specified, call `comment-kill'.
Else, call `comment-indent'.

So I guess it should work. I have some commented text that I select with the
mouse. The I press "M-Shift-," but nothing happens.

I have then changed the value for transistent-mark-mode to "on" and now it
seems to work, but now everything gets painted in yellow when I use
-space...but I guess it ok.