Re: eudc fails with bbdb

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: eudc fails with bbdb
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:11:58 -0400

>> > Should it be forwarded to emacs-devel ? What do you think of it ?
>> Of course.
> I will send such a report in few.
>> (Re-)Read the INSTALL.CVS file.
> Are  you talking  about that  part  (otherwise i  don't understand  your
> remark) ?

No.  It was about forwarding to emacs-devel:

Questions, requests, and bug reports about the CVS versions of Emacs
should be sent to emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org rather than gnu.emacs.help
or gnu.emacs.bug.  Ideally, use M-x report-emacs-bug RET which will
send it to the proper place.

> Anyway, it  was not obvious  to me that  installing a package  like bbdb
> would  need to  modify already  installed  files other  than just  usual
> .emacs/.gnus config files.

Not only it shouldn't: it can't.  And that's the problem.

        Stefan