Re: what are the commands on the menu

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: what are the commands on the menu
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 15:08:29 +0200

Olive <olive.lin@versateladsl.be> writes:

> I used to use the standard TeX mode but D. Kastrup have convinced me
> that auctex is better.

Actually, it was not really my intent to turn you from the default
tex-mode.el as long as it was an informed decision.

> My principal trouble about it is that I can't figure out on what
> functions the command on the menu are bound.  I would like to define
> "\C-c\C-f" to be bound to the LaTeX command I see in the menu (to
> emulate the key in the stand. mode).

This can be called a deficiency of AUCTeX, so it would probably be
best discussed on auctex-devel at gnu.org.

> But if a do a describe-key on this item; I get something like
> menu-function-<some-number>; which I think is dynamically generated
> (?)

Yes, more or less.

You probably want something like

  (TeX-command "LaTeX" 'TeX-master-file 0)

to run the command "LaTeX" on the master file without prompting.  If
you have a good suggestion where to add information like that in the
documentation (which really could make use of a lot of improvement),
please address it to the developer list which is usually quite
responsive.