Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly

From: PT
Subject: Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:24:46 +0100

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:15:28 +0100, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

My enthusiasm has vanished, BTW. This all thread was just a sudden,
half-baked idea. Reading all the answers I have a more thorough
understanding of the situation. The development resources available
for Emacs are scarce and the idea has no obvious benefits,

It would be less exasperating conversing with you if you did not
constantly insinuate stuff and put words into one's mouth.  Nobody
said that improving Emacs' appeal to newbies has no obvious benefits.

It was my own conclusion after reading the answers. I don't see the benefits anymore.

Yet you still insist on misrepresenting on what has been said.  I find
this distasteful.

You're misinterpreting what I said. I'm not a native speaker. Maybe I cannot express myself properly. Sorry about that.

so now I too go and do other things... :)

Probably a good idea.

Thank you for your kind words.