Re: Determining desktop size?

From: John
Subject: Re: Determining desktop size?
Date: 16 Mar 2005 14:55:44 -0800

David Kastrup wrote:
> PT <mailshield.gg@mailnull.com> writes:
>
> > Not the size of the emacs frame, the size of the whole graphical
> > desktop.  Is it possible from elisp?
>
> C-h f display-pixel-height RET
> C-h f display-pixel-width RET
>
> --
> David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum

This function proves to be not "the size of the whole graphical
desktop" but instead "the size of the desktop when emacs started"!

At least as tested on emacs 21.1 running on Windows XP.  When I resize
the display during a run of emacs, later evaluations of
(display-pixel-width) return the earlier value, not the present size of
the display.

John