Re: add-menu-button: Xemacs to emacs

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: add-menu-button: Xemacs to emacs
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:09:23 -0900

Stefan Monnier wrote:

2)The larger question is:
Is there a "checklist" of emacs/xemacs discrepancies?

surely if you write one there will be one to refer to.
IMHO, however, it's not worth the trouble unless you are
writing a program to automatically (transparently) adapt
one codebase to another.

 I'm in the processing of providing a major mode that
may be used by both xemacs and emacs so it does cause
an issue to arise.

It would be useful, to have a few guidelines, tho.
I've created a new entry in the wiki for that:

   http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ElispCompatibility

Feel free to add your own ideas,

Thanks Stefan. Good work! I will look at that closely.
On a related note:
I had written a wrapper for 'isearch-.... and found that the
'interactive argument differs between the forks
 so I will check to see if that is covered.

regards
tim

        Stefan