RE: Use ido for *all* completion?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Use ido for *all* completion?
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:44:33 -0800

    > AFAIK, you can use `ido-completing-read' as a general replacement for
    > `completing-read'.
    > CCing ido's author, in case he has an idea about this.

    Excuse me, did you actually take the time to try M-x icomplete-mode?

Why? I replied to a question about `ido-completing-read' with some info
about `ido-completing-read'.

You said:

    I don't think that ido can do this (yet I don't /know/ either that it
    can not.)

I replied to that, as well as to the original question: