Re: Where to buy Elisp Ref manual?

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: Where to buy Elisp Ref manual?
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:00:36 +0530

dc> In article <Xns95FF67FF74F5Chboschez@64.164.98.7>,
dc> harry_bosch <harry@bosch.org> wrote:
>> J Krugman <jkrugman345@yahbitoo.com> wrote: >
>> I'd love to buy a printed version of the latest edition of the
>>> Emacs Lisp Reference Manual from the FSF but apparently they don't sell it
>>> anymore.  I know that I can download the PDF, but the manual weighs in at
>>> 990 pages, which is more than I want to print out on my feeble printer.
>>> Does anyone else sell printed versions of FSF/GNU documentation?  (I tried
>>> Amazon and B&N, but no luck.)
>>
>> I bought them (it comes in two volumes) a few years ago at a shop in Los
>> Angeles. You might try their web site:
>>
>> http://opamp.com
>>
>> -- harry

dc> Mine is one volume, for version 20, may 1998.

dc> Is your two-volume one newer or older than that?

dc> (If newer, then I'll try to get one like yours too!)

I brought from FSF somewhere in 2001 when I was in US for a short while. If
you plan to buy it, I suggest you wait since they had made quite a lot of
changes. The proof reading is going on and I expect it to be out (not sure
when). I feel it is worth the wait and it costed me [USD] $60. Oh!, it is 2
volumes and wonderful paper quality too.

-dhruva

--
Name : Dhruva Krishnamurthy (dk)
Phone: +91-(0)80-22999190