Re: emacs gdb subproccess ignores printf (stdout isn't flushed ?) on OS

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs gdb subproccess ignores printf (stdout isn't flushed ?) on OS X
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:51:20 +0100

Am 20.02.2005 um 20:17 schrieb Mike Garey:

I've noticed that when using gdb under the carbon (Apple OS X) version
of GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1, printf statements are not printed until after
the program has terminated, even though the print statements contain a
newline.  I can force them to print by modifying my source and adding
"fflush(NULL);" after each printf statement, but I'd like to find out
how to avoid this.

Hello!

Could you check process-connection-type? Is it nil, i.e.communication via pipes? Then try it with this:

        (setq process-connection-type t)

This makes shell work correct too!

--
Greetings

  Pete

The mathematician who pursues his studies without clear views of this matter, must often have the uncomfortable feeling that his paper and pencil surpass him in intelligence. (Ernst Mach)