RE: Setting frame title

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Setting frame title
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:55:23 -0800

    I want to be able to set the window title (and icon) of the current
    frame to the current buffer file.  I've googled this newsgroup and
    I keep finding methods that involves set-frame-title or
    modify-frame-parameters.  However, I cannot seem to find these
    options or settings on my Emacs.

    The only thing I can do is: default-frame-alist (name . "foo")

    However, it doesn't take a variable name like %b or (buffer-name).
    It only take the literal string and sets the window title to it.

See my library frame-cmds.el for easy ways to do this:
http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/frame-cmds.el. This library works with Emacs
21, 20, 19....

In this library, you will find commands `rename-frame' and
`rename-non-minibuffer-frame', which do what you want.

You will also find ways to _automatically_ rename each frame after the
buffer in its selected window each time you iconify the frame (see commands
`iconify/map-frame', `mouse-iconify/map-frame', and `iconify-everything').

See also
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Iconifying%2c_Deiconifying%2c_and_Hidi
ng_Frames for a discussion on iconifying frames.