Re: Emacs for OS9 and OSX

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: Emacs for OS9 and OSX
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:32:24 +0100

Hi Stefan,

Le 27 Jan 2005, Stefan Monnier vraute :

> > Well, Emacs on Mac OS 9 as it is available on MacEmacs page crash if the
> > mac has more than 256MB installed.
>
> BTW, can't  you build it with  USE_LSB_TAG (so as  to completely eliminate
> the max-memory limit)?

I may try to compile that way, but i have no acces to machine with more than
512 Mo to test that it actually works. And i am too limited on the web space
for a second version.

If someone ask about it, I would like to try...

> > No problem. However if you might found some bugs, you could tell them to
> > the emacs-devel list or better gnu.emacs.bug ?
>
> gnu.emacs.bug would  be wrong since  it is specifically for  problems that
> have  to  do  with  released   versions  of  Emacs  (Emacs-21.3,  but  not
> Emacs-CVS). See INSTALL.CVS for where to send bug reports etc...

Ok,  INSTALL.CVS  tell to  send  to  «emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org rather  than
gnu.emacs.help or gnu.emacs.bug. Ideally, use M-x report-emacs-bug RET »

--
Sébastien Kirche