Re: emacs calculator

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs calculator
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:16:22 +0100

Am 15.01.2005 um 23:50 schrieb B.T. Raven:

After saving this, exiting, restarting, still no go. C-h k C-return is
shown as undefined.

Then I replaced the last line with:
(define-key global-map [(control return)] 'calculator)

I'd use

  (global-set-key [c-return] 'calculator)

Besides this it's good to check whether C-return really works. In a terminal I don't have C-return, all Emacs sees is RET. When you first do 'C-h k C-return' and then 'C-x Esc Esc' (repeat-complex-command) you can see in the mini-buffer the proper syntax for the key (and save it for later use with C-a C-k C-g).

--
Greetings

  Pete

"Email is a wonderful thing for people whose role in life is to be on top of things. But not for me; my role is to be on the bottom of things. What I do takes long hours of studying and uninterruptible concentration." -Donald Knuth