control meta invisible to emacs

From: rohan nicholls
Subject: control meta invisible to emacs
Date: 25 Nov 2004 06:41:22 -0800

I have been googling like crazy over this one, and have come up with
nothing.

If anyone can help I would be most grateful.

I have recently compiled emacs from source and everything is working
really well, however I have this weird problem.

If I use [(control f)] or [(meta f)] they perform in an expected
manor.

I use [(control meta x)] for 'eval-defun in emacs lisp, but suddenly
emacs cannot see the combination of control meta anything.  If I use
[(escape)(control x)] the correct behaviour occurs, [(meta x)] works
and so does [(control x)].

I did the key combination and then [(control h)(l)] but the key
presses did not even register, while things like [(control hyper x)]
do, giving: C-H-s-x.

I am using xorg 6.7.0, and I have the same problem in an xterm,
however if I am in a tty the [(control meta x)] combination works, go
figure.

I have control and caps-lock swapped, and when I do the [(control
h)(l)] after doing a bunch of [(control f)] or [(meta f)]  (by meta I
mean the alt key on this keyboard) they combinations show up
correctly.

Thanks for any help with this.

Rohan