Re: Efficient Emacs usage?

From: FCC
Subject: Re: Efficient Emacs usage?
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:20:00 +0100

Lee Sau Dan articulated on 11/23/2004 8:55 AM:

>Gnus has a very flexible "scoring system" and regex matching system to
>sort mail  automatically.  This  means you can  match patterns  on the
>mail headers  and -- based on  the matching results --  sort them into
>different mail folders automatically.  So, spam mails go to the "spam"
>folder.   Important  mails  (from  a  few e-mail  addresses  that  you
>specify) go to  an "important" folder.  Mails from  colleagues goes to
>the "company"  folder.  E-mails from  your family members goes  to the
>"family"  folder, etc.   And you  can  of course  check the  important
>folders first, deferring  the less important folders to  when you have
>spare time.  Mails in the spam folder can be ignored and auto-expired.
>

>So, using Gnus and customizing it properly help you save time.

OK, you have changed my mind, Gnus will help save time. I have a working
Gnus setup in my _emacs, but sending mail using smtp with authentication
never actually worked with this server, and I had to abondon it finally.
Now I am using Thunderbird.

--
FCC.

===