Re: Builing from CVS doesn't refresh *.elc's

From: Hattuari
Subject: Re: Builing from CVS doesn't refresh *.elc's
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:37:12 -0500

Johan Bockgård wrote:

> Hattuari <susudata@setidava.kushan.aa> writes:
>
>> When I run make on the CVS image, it doesn't seem to update the lisp
>> bytecompiled files. I've been doing `cvs update -dP && make
>> extraclean && ./configure --prefix=$GNU_EMACS && make && make
>> install'
>
> Did you read INSTALL.CVS?

Not in the last year.  Thanks.

pushd /download/org/gnu/emacs &&\
 cvs update -dP &&\
 ./configure --prefix=$GNU_EMACS &&\
 make -j8 &&\
 pushd lisp &&\
 make recompile EMACS=../src/emacs &&\
 popd &&\
 make install &&\
 popd

Yes I really do use -j8.  I have distcc running.  Sometimes it has result in
a deadlock, but when that happend everything was built. A subsequent `make'
simply visited every directory and found nothing to do.

--
p->m == (*p).m == p[0].m