Re: Colors in emacs?

From: kgold
Subject: Re: Colors in emacs?
Date: 29 Oct 2004 20:19:14 GMT

"JS" <dsa.@asdf.com> writes:
> How do I get colors to work in emacs when you write "fun, if then else" etc?
> I have also heard that emacs makes purple parenteses if there is a wrong
> number of them, how do I make this work?

In some versions of emacs, colors work "out of the box".  In others,
you have to turn them on, and they might not work in terminal mode.

Try this:

; turn on font lock in all modes which support it

(require 'font-lock)
(global-font-lock-mode 1)
(setq font-lock-support-mode 'lazy-lock-mode)

; do as much colorizing as possible

(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)
(require 'ctypes)
(ctypes-auto-parse-mode 1)

For parenthesis matching stuff:

; parenthesis matching
(require 'mic-paren) ; loading
(paren-activate)     ; activating
(setq paren-highlight-offscreen t)
(setq paren-sexp-mode 'mismatch)

Once it's working, you can create colors you like.