Re: Tab problem

From: Michael Slass
Subject: Re: Tab problem
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 19:09:05 -0700

Nick Chorley <nick@nospam.xyphias.com> writes:

>I have a problem with Emacs which is that I can't seem to enter more
>than 1 tab when in C++/Java mode (it does do the automatic indentation
>like when you're using if statements though). When in the "normal"
>text editing mode, I can't enter any tabs.
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>Thanks.

In those modes, the tab key is bound to a command which indents the
current line according to the program syntax.  You can insert a
literal tab character with
C-q TAB

CTRL-q is a prefix to insert the next character entered literally, not
to run the command bound to the key that generates that character.

Best,

--
Mike Slass