vhdl-mode problem

From: Tad Ashlock
Subject: vhdl-mode problem
Date: 31 Aug 2004 11:53:06 -0700

(Windows XP SP1, Emacs 21.3.50, vhdl-mode 3.32.20 and 3.32.12)

I've just started learning VHDL and I'm having a problem
with emacs's vhdl-mode.

I put the cursor in an entity declaration and C-c C-p C-w
to copy the port information.

-- Original Entity:
entity Test is
  port (
    Clk : in std_logic ;
    Rst : in std_logic
    ) ;
end Test ;

I then move the cursor to another vhdl source file and hit
C-c C-p C-c to paste it as a component.  Emacs then goes
unresponsive and I have to hit C-g to get it back.  When I
do get it back, it appears that Emacs had been in an
infinite loop inserting spaces.

-- Pasted Component (after C-g):
component Test
  port (
    Clk     <<<1000's of spaces>>>    in std_logic;
    Rst : in std_logic);

I also get the same results when I start emacs with
"runemacs -q" (which uses the vhdl-mode[3.32.12] that came
with emacs 21.3.50).  I also get similar results when
pasting as an entity or as a testbench (I haven't tried
others).

Thank you,

Tad Ashlock