where to put my .xmodmap?

From: Alexandre Russel
Subject: where to put my .xmodmap?
Date: 21 Aug 2004 23:25:32 +0900

Hi all,
I use Fedora core 1 with gnome.
After following the thread concerning RSI and Emacs, I decided to use
.xmodmap to add some Control key to my keyboard:

remove Lock = Caps_Lock
remove Control = Control_L
keysym Control_L = Caps_Lock
keysym Caps_Lock = Control_L
add Lock = Caps_Lock
keycode 115 = Control_L
add Control = Control_L
keycode 116 = Control_R
add Control = Control_R

It works fine when I do xmodmap .xmodmap. I want to use this map
each time I use Emacs. I tried to add the line:
xmodmap ~/.xmodmap
to my .bashrc. It works fine untill I start another application(ie:
terminal),
then it comes back to the old map(probably because this other app
doesn't use bash).
What can I do for emacs to always this key map?
Cheers,
Alex