gnu emacs w32 & unicode

From: Edward Casey
Subject: gnu emacs w32 & unicode
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:16:43 -0500

Has anyone out there using i386-mingw (21.3.1) successfully input unicode
characters into buffers and saved them to files? I can see the Latin.4
characters in the read only "List Character Sets" buffer, and can
copypaste them into *scratch*, but I can't seem to produce them whatever
combination of language environment, input methods, and coding systems I
use. I suspect a font problem but I have about 200 different TT fonts in
\windows\fonts and I know many of them have the glyphs for Latin-4
(Extended A), certainly Arial Unicode MS and Courier. Can anyone give me a
fail-safe recipe to input these characters?

Thanks,

Ed.