Re: umlaut problem

From: Cor Gest
Subject: Re: umlaut problem
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:36:32 -0000

Some witty Entity named: Christian Hofer <ch_spam@gmx.de>
 has unintentionally writen somthing like:

> Hi,
>
> my umlauts are suddenly not shown any more as umlauts, but as {"a}
> etc. I don't know what happened to my configuration, and don't know
> where to search in the manual (I tried to change the language
> environment, but that did not help).
>
> How can I repair this?

You could put in .emacs:

;(setq default-input-method "latin-1-prefix")

or in custom-set-variables '((setq default-input-method "latin-1-prefix")
then in text-mode CTRL-\  starts the input method and you will have
umlauts.

cor

--
A well regulated free and independent Internet-militia, being necessary
to secure a free and independent Internet-community, the right of the