Re: getting rid of a mode

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: getting rid of a mode
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:16:15 +0200

Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle <ray@nabuli.de> writes:

> E.g.: In wiki-mode it's nice to use outline-minor-mode, but to prevent
> mistakes I'd rather prefer to stop outline-minor-mode before saving the
> buffer to file.

Most minor mode functions are toggles.  That is, invoking them again
turns the mode off again.  Use C-h f to verify.

Usually, you can also pass a numeric arg to explicitly say "on" or
"off":

C-u 1 M-x outline-minor-mode RET                >0, turn on
C-u -1 M-x outline-minor-mode RET               <0, turn off

Use C-h f to verify that the mode you want has this feature.

Kai