NTEmacs and multibyte character entry

From: David Abrahams
Subject: NTEmacs and multibyte character entry
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:45:38 -0400

I'm trying to edit a document in windows-1252 encoding, though I would
be happy to use any encoding that allows me to enter an em-dash
character along with "regular" ascii text.  I can build a document
that contains the em-dash (enclosed) and have it display properly in
emacs, but I can't enter the em-dash directly in emacs using the
keyboard (AFAICT), If I try to yank it into emacs after copying it to
the clipboard from another application or copying it to the kill
buffer within emacs, I just see a question mark.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance

.. -*- coding: windows-1252 -*-

—