Re: On Savannah: What are "arch" and "bidi" and ....

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: On Savannah: What are "arch" and "bidi" and ....
Date: 08 May 2004 07:03:13 +0900

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:
> arch is a new version control system, aka tla.  I don't understand the
> relationship between CVS and arch, though.

I maintain several arch emacs branches, and some of them are frequently
synchronized with corresponding branches in the emacs CVS tree:

    emacs--cvs-trunk--0         => The normal CVS trunk
    emacs--unicode--0           => The `emacs-unicode-2' branch, which
                                                  will likely become Emacs 22

So it's quite reasonable for someone that wants to track emacs CVS to
use the corresponding arch branch instead, if that's more convenient.

> lexical is the branch that implements Emacs Lisp with lexical
> (vs. dynamic) binding.

BTW, this branch is actually called `lexbind'.

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research